Location: 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA, USA
Tenure: September 2019 – January 2020, September 2020 – May 2021, June 2021 – Present
Website: Center for Career and Professional Advising
Micro-Internship Project Manager- Whitehead Intern
- Develop and launch Haverford’s first Micro-internship program.
- Formalize a committee to assist with determining the actual micro internship structure and selection.
- Research micro internship programs at other schools (like Swarthmore) and companies who offer micro-internships to determine best practices, including staffing needs to manage the program.
- Work with the webmaster to decide and create the most effective employer submission proposal and effective student application process.
- Determine and put into place a timeline for both prospective students and employers.
- Develop a marketing plan for potential employers, alumni, and students.
- Work with the Centers on an employer partner agreement that would be used for the full Whitehead program.
Employers Relation Intern
- Research and extend campus relationships with regional and national employers and alumni to increase campus outreach for the “Hire a Ford” initiative.
- Manage Handshake – the recruiting platform at Haverford College.
- Organize recruiting events like the Tri-College Recruiting Day (TCRD), STEM Recruiting Day, and through Selective Liberal Arts Consortium (SLAC).
- Use and compile recruiting data for research and data analytics using Excel.
- Assist with target emails and other marketing outreach to student groups regarding jobs, internships, and events.
- Host employer information sessions.
Office Assistant Intern
- Served as the first point of contact with visitors in the office by taking initiative in welcoming and assisting them with questions.
- Answered phone and directed calls.
- Entered and accessed internships and jobs for students and alumni in online systems such as Handshake on a regular basis.
- Conducted alumni and employer workshops.
- Organized campus recruiting fairs like Tri-College Recruiting Day and STEM Recruiting Day.
- Researched new internships and jobs.
- Assisted with a variety of projects including, research on alumni and hiring organizations, maintaining databases, and large mailings.
- Regularly checked to ensure links and info on the CCPA website are up-to-date.
- Provided information and advice to students on how to use CCPA’s Career Resources for researching career fields or graduate/professional school.
- Carried additional office duties as assigned.